For those who want to start in the world of bash scripting, I took the liberty to start a new project in github, this is a starter bash script that provides some basic functions and techniques just to free from the hard step of setting up everything.
With this script, you have:
- A copyright section (not really useful, but it may come in handy)
- Sections for global variables , common methods and argument parsing (a place for everything and everything in its place)
- A great argument parsing, based on http://kirk.webfinish.com/?p=45
- Methods for checking if the user is root or wait for background procedures to finish
- More functions will be added eventually….
- Free to use
Latest posts by Carlos Alberto Umanzor Arguedas (see all)